Model data base
The SSALMON model data base provides a variety of numerical models of the solar atmosphere and corresponding synthetic observables, which are useful for planning, optimizing and interpreting ALMA observations of the Sun. Only registered SSALMON members are allowed to access the data and should fill out this form.
The SSALMON database is primarily produced by the following expert teams:
- A Numerical models of the solar atmosphere
- B Radiative transfer and brightness temperature synthesis
- C Simulating instrumental effects for ALMA
The provided data are available for all expert teams and registered SSALMON members.
Once complete, the database will provide the following:
- Numerical models of the solar atmosphere
- Radiative transfer (RT) tools for producing synthetic observables
- Benchmark models for comparing and developing RT tools
- Synthetic observables at mm wavelengths (RT products)
- Models and tools for simulating ALMA's instrumental properties
- Simulated ALMA observations based on the numerical models